Pet Protector’s “Pet Of the Month” Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
- How to Enter: The Monthly Photo Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PST on the first day of the month and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on the last day of the month (“Contest Period”). To enter, visit www.petprotector.org/Contest, click on the ‘Enter the contest’ button and follow the online instructions to submit a digital photo of your pet and complete the entry process. The limit is one entry per person or per email address.
- Open and offered world wide only to those individuals who have reached the age of majority in the state of his/her residence as of start date of the Contest. Entrant must have the legal right and ability to give broad permission for Goldstar (“Company”) to use the photo of his pet and/or must have secured, prior to entry, the written permission of any person and/or pet owner other than entrant.
- Employees and directors of Goldstar (“Company”), and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to win the contest.
- Monthly Winner Selection and Criteria: A winning photo will be selected from among all eligible entries by voting and based on the criteria below. The voting results are final. In such event that two contestants receive the same number of votes, the contestant with the advantage is the one who entered the contest formerly. Goldstar will notify winners by email approximately 15 days after the end of the contest period shown in Section 1 above. The chances of winning will depend on the total number of entries received and on the suitability of each photo submitted to Pet Protector’s “Pet Of the Month” Photo Contest and whether or not they meet the following criteria:
- The submitted photo must be an original, not copyrighted.
- The submitted photo must not depict the pet in any manner that may be considered in any way unsettling (*any photos showing disturbing, violent, life or health threatening subject matter will be excluded from the contest).
- The submitted photo must not exceed the size criteria listed at the point of entry.
- Prizes & Retail Value: Monthly Winner(s) will each receive one Pet Protector Disc, which retails at $73.40 USD (including shipping).
- General Rules:
- Goldstar and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, whether caused by electronic, network, software or computer failures and malfunctions of any kind or by human error. Goldstar assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail, or for any other technical reason.
- Goldstar reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures, including computer virus, bug, or other technical problems, destroy or threaten to destroy the integrity of the Contest.
- In the event a dispute arises regarding specific winner entitled to receive prize, entry will be deemed made by the “authorized e-mail account holder,” which shall mean the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Any damage made to the Website will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Any attempt by an individual to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Goldstar reserves the right to seek damages from and to prosecute any such individual to the full extent of the law.
- Upon a finding on non-compliance with these Terms and requirements, or if prize/prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable United Kingdom laws and regulations. It is void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for any tax due on the prize value.
- Entrants who participate in this Contest hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Goldstar, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that may arise from their participation in this contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any good obtained with the prize.
- Winners List: To see the names of the winner(s), visit www.petprotector.org/PreviousContests, approximately 5 days after the end of the promotion period shown in Section 1 above.
- Sponsor: Goldstar Internet Services l.p. , Edinburgh, EH7 5JA, United Kingdom
RELEASE AND LICENSE
In consideration of entering my photo in the Pet Protector’s “Pet of the Month” photo contest, I hereby grant to Goldstar, its employees, agents, licensees and personnel who are acting on its behalf (“Goldstar”), the absolute and irrevocable right and permission throughout the world and in perpetuity, with respect to the attached digital photograph of my pet, me and/or others (if applicable), as well as my image, likeness, name, testimonials, statements, if any, or other related items (the “Authorized Material”):
- To use, re-use, publish, re-publish, post on a website, transmit, modify and edit the Authorized Material, in whole or in part, severally or in conjunction with other materials, in any medium now or hereafter known, for commercial, promotional and educational purposes and for any other purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, publicity, marketing, advertising, fundraising and/or trade, and
- To claim and register copyrights in any materials created by Goldstar based on, derived from or incorporating all or part of any of the Authorized Material in Goldstar’s own name or any other name that it may choose.
As a condition for entering my picture in the contest, I certify that I have the written consent of all other identifiable persons, children and animals in the photo (other than myself or my own children and animals) to be bound by the terms of this Release and License. I understand that Goldstar will rely on this certification in posting or otherwise using entries prior to selecting a winner. I hereby release and discharge Goldstar from any and all claims and demands whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the Authorized Material or any reproduction thereof and waive any further claim for compensation in connection with the use of the Authorized Material. I acknowledge that the Authorized Material may be altered or modified and waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product.
This Release and License shall inure to the benefit of Goldstar’s successors and assigns and shall be binding upon my heirs, successors, assigns and legal representatives.